The 2019 WLCF Granting Window is now closed.
24 applications were received by the WLCF Granting Program between mid-October and December 2nd, 2019. From those 24, 13 Applications were approved for funding. The 13 organizations scheduled to receive grants are:
Follow the links below (black boxes) to learn more about each organization:
- Big Lake Community Assn
- Cariboo Chilcotin Conservation Society
- Gavin Lake Forest Education Society
- Girl Guides of Canada – Big Sky District
- GROW Parent Advisory Council
- Horsefly Community Club
- Horsefly River Round Table
- Miocene Volunteer Fire Department
- Potato House Project
- School District 27 – Grade 7 Classes
- WL Cross Country Ski Club
- WL Climbing Association
- WL Cycling Club
The Williams Lake Community Forest Standing Committee has decided to distribute $45,653 this year, almost doubling the $23,000 distributed from the 2018 applications. The funded projects have a total value of approximately $208,000.
Thank you to all the applicants, and to everyone working and volunteering to make our communities even better places to work, live, play, and do business.
The Scholarship & Bursary application window has also closed. Successful recipients were announced in June 2020, at local graduation ceremonies and directly to the successful applicants.