The goals for the community forest are:
- To reflect community values and respect the land.
- To sustainably manage for all forest resources.
- To enhance local partnerships that support forest education and an increased public understanding of forestry.
- To operate the community forest as a viable forestry enterprise.
- To realize socio-economic benefits such as local employment and economic activity associated with milling and manufacturing.
- To generate revenue for economic development and community stability.